Help and Support
Guarantee After-Sales Service Retraction
- Q :Guarantee
- R :
• Legal guarantees :
All products supplied to the Consumer by La Boule Obut benefit from the following, without any additional payment, in accordance with legal provisions:
- the legal guarantee of conformity (Articles L.211-4 to L.211-14 of the French Consumer Code);
- the legal guarantee against hidden defects (Articles 1641 to 1649 of the French Civil Code) due to a design or manufacturing defect or fault that affects the delivered products and makes them unfit for use.
• Commercial guarantee:
In addition to the above legal guarantees, the Consumer benefits from the following commercial guarantee:
- For competition pétanque boules: a contractually-binding guarantee against any defect in the Product during a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase (the date of order).
- For sport & leisure pétanque boules: a contractually-binding guarantee against any defect in the Product during a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase (the date of order).
- For accessories/clothing: a contractually-binding guarantee against any defect in the Product during a period of seven (7) calendar days from reception of the Product.
In order to be able to benefit from this guarantee, the consumer must keep the Product purchase invoice.
In addition, for clothing, the contractually-binding guarantee may only apply if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- the Product has not been worn (and has only been tried);
- all labels and protective films are still on the Product;
- the Product must be in perfect condition and properly re-folded in the original packaging;
- the plastic packaging must be placed around the Product.
• Implementation of the legal and commercial guarantees:
The following items must be sent together with any Product returned by the Consumer:
- a copy of the proof of purchase;
- the Obut guarantee card;
- the product return form that was sent to you by the customer relations department, duly filled in (with your telephone No., e-mail address, and a more precise description of the claim, if necessary).
The Product that is possibly defective must be returned by the Consumer in a cardboard box which is similar to its original cardboard box and is designed for transporting goods.
La Boule Obut may not be held liable for any damage that may occur to the Product during transportation for returning it.
The Consumer must send its cardboard box by tracked express delivery to be countersigned by the recipient, to the address mentioned below, and must keep the receipt for the dispatch with package No. in case of loss or theft:
La Boule Obut – SAV
5 Route du Cros
42380 St-Bonnet- le-Château
As part of the implementation of the commercial guarantee, the costs of returning the Products must be covered by the Consumer.
La Boule Obut undertakes to repair or exchange any Product that is acknowledged to be defective within thirty (30) working days from reception of the Product.
An item can only be taken back after La Boule Obut’s prior written approval.
• Exclusions from guarante :
- Exclusions from the legal guarantee and the commercial guarantee: The following cases are not included in the guarantee:
- any alteration of the Product related to its incorrect use or abnormal use by the Consumer’s negligence, lack of maintenance or fault, or replacement related to normal use of the Product;
- absence of the copy of the proof of purchase and legible references;
- guarantee expired;
- incomplete product;
- detection of incorrect use of the Product, that is, the consequences due to an action by the user that is deliberate (modification of the Product’s technical and physical aspects) and ill-considered (abnormal use).
- Specific exclusion from the commercial guarantee: The following cases are not included in the commercial guarantee:
- absence of the After-Sales Service product return form that was sent by La Boule Obut’s Customer Relations Department;
- absence of the OBUT guarantee card;
- package sent by the Consumer with carriage to pay;
- Product damaged or lost because of transport while being returned by Consumer to Obut.
• After-Sales Service / Hotline: a telephone After-Sales Service is available at +33(0)188.8.131.52.00 from 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Thursday, and 8:00 to 17:00 on Friday.
- Q :After-Sales Service
- R :
1 - Application for After-Sales Service
Case A: You have bought an article or articles directly from Obut (website boutique.obut.fr; 3 Obut shops; 2 Obut trucks). In this case, we ask you to:
• o check that the article is still covered by the guarantee, in relation to the date of purchase.
• Login to MY ACCOUNT, Registered Customers, My Control Panel: an "After-Sales Service Form" button appears under your order. Your application for After-Sales Service is already filled in. Specify the quantity of product(s) to be returned. In the space provided, explain the detailed reason for your application.
As soon as your application is confirmed , you will receive an e-mail message summarizing your application for after-sales service.
Case B: You have bought an article or articles from an OBUT dealer. In this case, we ask you to:
• to check that the article is still covered by the guarantee, in relation to the date of purchase.
• Login to the online shopping website at http://boutique.obut.fr/ by pressing the "After-Sales Service Form" button at the bottom right of the Home page. Create an account to automatically fill in your After-Sales Service application form. Enter all information that is essential for keeping track of your application. The more the information is accurate and complete, the faster your application will be processed.
As soon as your application is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail message summarizing your application for after-sales service.
• o contact our Sales Department, which will determine with you whether your claim is valid. If your request is accepted, it will be forwarded to our Customer Relations Department, which will tell you the procedure to follow.
2 - The following items must be sent together with any Product returned by the Consumer:
• a copy of the proof of purchase
• the Obut guarantee card
• the duly completed return form
3 - Costs related to the After-Sales Service:
Return the article in the cardboard box in which it was originally sent to you or in an identical cardboard box designed for transporting goods.
Note: The product packaging box is not designed for use in transport.
OBUT may not be held liable for any damage caused by transport.
The package must be sent by tracked express delivery to be countersigned by the recipient, to: La Boule Obut – SAV – 5 Route du Cros – 42380 St-Bonnet-le-Château, France.
Carefully keep the receipt for the dispatch with the package number in case of loss or theft.
Packages that are sent with carriage to pay shall be refused and shall be returned to you.
Whether or not the article is covered by the guarantee:
- - carriage costs for returning the article to our headquarters are to be covered by the Consumer.
- - carriage costs for sending the article back to the Consumer again, only after exchange or possibly reconditioning, are to be covered by Obut.
- - in all other cases, return shipping costs are to be covered by you, and no carriage costs shall ever be reimbursed to you.
4 - Cases in which the guarantee may not be applicable:
- - absence of the After-Sales Service product return form that was sent by OBUT’s Customer Relations Department.
- - absence of the copy of the proof of purchase and legible references.
- - absence of the Obut guarantee card.
- - guarantee expired.
- - incomplete set (3, 6 or 8 boules, depending on the purchased article).
- - detection of incorrect use of the Product, that is: consequences due to an action by the user that is deliberate (modification of the Product’s technical and physical aspects) and ill-considered (abnormal use).
- - package sent with carriage to pay.
- - article damaged or lost because of transport while being returned by Consumer to Obut.
5 - Lead-time:
We undertake to carry out the reconditioning or the exchange in less than 30 days from reception of the article that is claimed to be defective.
6 – Service Relations Clients Obut: 5 Route du Cros, 42380 St-Bonnet-le-Château, France – +33(0)4 77 45 57 00
Contact: by using the contact form which is available on the website
- Q :The right of retraction
- R :
Personalised products & Made-to-measure products:
- • A boule product is considered to be made-to-measure or non-standard when it requires non-standard production and when the following mention is made in its article data sheet on the Obut website: 5 or 3 weeks for non-standard or made-to-measure production **
- • A boule or pouch product is considered to be personalised when it has engraving provided to meet the Consumer’s wishes.
- • For any product that is personalised (boules and/or pouches and/or accessories that are personalised by engraving) or made-to-measure with special production (all weights, diameters and striation markings that are specified in the product data sheet on the Obut website with the following mention: 5 or 3 weeks for non-standard or made-to-measure production**), in application of Article L.121-21-8, 3° of the French Consumer Code, the Consumer does not have a period for retraction (or cooling-off period), and is legally bound by the terms and conditions specified in his/her order.
- • A boule product is considered to be standard when it does not require non-standard production and when the following mention is made in its article data sheet on the Obut website: In stock, shipped within 24 hours **.
In general, the following are available from stock:
- all sets of standard range boules;
- all accessories and clothing proposed on the website.
- • For any standard product that does not require any special production or any personalised marking, in application of the Article L.121-21 of the French Consumer Code, the Consumer has a period for retraction (or cooling-off period) of fourteen (14) days from the date when he/she receives the ordered product.
- • When the allowed time of fourteen (14) days expires on a Saturday, a Sunday, a holiday or a public holiday, then it is extended until the first following working weekday.
• This right of retraction can only be accepted for complete products in their original condition (boules, accessories, guarantee card, packaging, etc.), with a copy of the purchase invoice. Any products that are returned incomplete, damaged or soiled by the Consumer shall not be accepted.
- • The Consumer may exercise his/her right of retraction by using the retraction form that is provided on the website or any other unambiguous written declaration expressing his/her wish to retract; note that the costs of sending the product back in a case of retraction must be covered by the Consumer.
- • When the right of retraction is exercised:
The direct costs of sending back and of returning products are to be covered by the Consumer; only the price of the Product and the delivery costs shall be reimbursed. It is stipulated that La Boule Obut shall not reimburse additional costs if the Consumer has expressly chosen a more costly means of delivery than the standard means of delivery proposed by La Boule Obut.
- the Consumer has a period of fourteen (14) days after informing Obut of his/her decision to retract, during which it may send the products back to La Boule Obut.
- La Boule Obut undertakes to reimburse the Consumer within a period of no more than fourteen (14) days from the date when La Boule Obut receives the products returned by the Consumer in accordance with the general terms and conditions of sale, or from the date when the Consumer provides proof of shipment of the products, the date selected being that of the first of these two events.