• Entirely conceived for the modern game and performance, the RCX*** (RCX = Rebond Contrôlé Inox = Controlled Bounce Stainless Steel) is the first of the latest generation of Obut top-range competition boules. It is a concentrate of all new metallurgy technologies, which have enabled Obut to use a new stainless steel and to adapt a new manufacturing concept specific to the petanque boule.
• With its incomparable ability to absorb shock and deaden impact - particularly when playing with a "plombé" high lobbing technique on very hard ground - and its minimal recoil during a "plein fer" direct hit lobbed stun shot, its new stainless steel and its very advanced new treatment process, the RCX boule has three additional qualities that win the approval of petanque champions, who testify as follows:
- "it falls well when you do a head-on stun shot"
- "it stays nice and smooth with use, and it remains pleasant to touch"
- "it keeps its 'anti-bounce' properties for a long time, even when it's used intensively"
• This boule is surprising at first. It takes a little while to get used to it. Then it enhances attacking play on difficult terrain (with lobs and "plein fer" direct hit stun shots) by good petanque players
• RCX is the new stainless steel Obut boule that falls wonderfully, with controlled bounce and limited wear!
• Ready-to-petanque kit (3-boule set, one jack and a bag)
• Supplied in a cardboard box, so that you can choose your own pouch. Dimensions 84 x 89 x 248 mm.
Boules made in St-Bonnet-Le-Château, France, in keeping with sustainable development, ecological design and protection of the environment
- Pointeur plombé
- Tireur plein fer
• Hardness + means: the response in play of a very, very soft boule together with the hardness of a traditional half- soft boule. With the new treatment process, it is "still pleasant feeling" while having "increased long life" even when it is used intensively on rough, corrosive terrain.
• High-tech stainless steel of the latest generation.
• Excellent controlled balance.
• Smoked bronze finish on soft shot-peening, which normally wears a little away, gradually with use.
• Solid stainless steel: requires only occasional maintenance.
• When it is made available to the consumer, the Obut RCX pétanque boule has a smoked bronze finish.
• This finish corresponds naturally to the last operation of the production process.
• It is temporary, and it normally wears off after the first games.
• Due to the technology used in its production, the RCX boule surface tends to rust quickly - which is new for a stainless steel pétanque boule.
• Depending on whether or not it is used intensively, on the nature of the playing surfaces, and on the ambient moisture or humidity, etc., the RCX may need maintenance after every game, and at least once every month if it is not used.
• For this purpose, we recommend the Obut maintenance product.